School of Joke Writing
After successfully completing this course, Comedy101 School of Funny Joke Writing students learn:
- How to identify the mechanics of joke writing
- How to write hand crafted, original jokes
- Create a collection of jokes that demonstrates mastery of comedy writing
- Analyze the quality jokes and resulting laughter
- Develop new, innovative comedy material
- Conduct an annual review of material for artistic satisfaction and improvement
Comedy101 Competencies for Joke Writing
Open Mic Comedian or New Stand-up Comedians
- Try writing funny jokes.
Open Mic or new stand-up comedians try to turn ideas into performing funny, original jokes on a comedy show.
What can the average Open Mic Comedian or New successfully do?
Open Mic or new stand-up comedians are successfully able to get on stage and perform an original stand-up comedy routine.
How Open Mic Comedian or New demonstrate joke writing knowledge:
- Open mic or new stand-up comedians are able to memorize and perform funny, original stand-up comedy.
- Recall ideas for jokes and comedy.
- Observe situations and discover opportunities for comedy.
- Identify and classify types of jokes.
- Visualize funny comedy.
Open Mic Comedian or New comprehend these writing skills:
- Explain the originality of your jokes.
- Classify different kinds of jokes.
- Select ideas to convert into jokes.
- Review comedy writing for brevity, artistic satisfaction and quality laughter.
- Predict opportunities for jokes.
Open Mic Comedian or New apply these writing concepts:
- Solve complex problems by converting ideas into funny jokes.
- Change words, phrases or sentences to improve a joke.
- Articulate funny ideas as quality jokes.
- Collect ideas and jokes into a final draft of a stand-up comedy routine.
- Compose a quality, attractive advertisement for a comedy show.
Open Mic Comedian or New use a variety of assessment tools to analyze their skills..
- Distinguish between a funny idea and quality joke.
- Point out the opportunities for comedy.
- Survey audiences, venues and producers for artistic and comedic satisfaction of comedy writing material.
- Diagram and sketch funny jokes and advertisements for comedy shows.
- Speculate the amount and quality of jokes in a comedy routine.
Open Mic Comedian or New can evaluate these joke writing concepts.
- Decide if a joke is funny or not.
- Rank your jokes from funniest to least funny.
- Summarize the best of your jokes into a final comedy routine.
- Critique your jokes for artistic, audience, venue and producer satisfaction.
- Point out errors and re-frame ideas to get a laugh the next time you choose to perform stand-up comedy.
Open Mic Comedian or New can create comedy.
- Write a stand-up comedy routine.
- Identify comedy material.
- Give examples of original comedy.
- Fix errors and solve comedy writing problems.
- Collaborate with venues, comedians and producers to create funny social media posts for your comedy show.
Amateur Stand-up Comedy Joke Writing Skills
- Write funny, original jokes.
Amateur stand-up comedians are able to write jokes, scripts, comedy routines and funny promotions and marketing materials to support their comedy shows.
What can the average Amateur Stand-up Comedian successfully do?
Amateur stand-up comedians are successfully able to write funny comedy.
How Amateur Stand-up Comedian demonstrate joke writing knowledge:
- Define various categories of jokes.
- Give examples of your funniest stand-up comedy.
- Select the best material for a comedy show.
- Omit jokes that do not satisfy your artistic goals.
- Enumerate the revenues, costs and earnings of a comedy job.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian comprehend these writing skills:
- Explain why a joke is funny.
- Discuss comedy writing and create jokes in groups.
- Research and compose funny comedy on new topics.
- Give examples of your best comedy.
- Demonstrate original humor.
Amateur Stand-up Comedians apply these writing concepts:
- Experiment with different ways of telling a joke.
- Teach other comedians to write jokes.
- Write funny jokes for interviews.
- Judge the humor of jokes.
- Transform funny ideas into outstanding comedy.
Amateur Stand-up Comedians use a variety of assessment tools to analyze their skills.
- Break down scripts, diagram funny comedy.
- Compare jokes for quality laughter.
- Estimate a comedy writing job.
- Prioritize the funniest jokes in a stand-up comedy routine.
- Plan and propose a comedy writing job.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian can evaluate these joke writing concepts.
- Choose comedy material that distinguishes your writing sample as ‘outstanding’.
- Find errors, fix jokes.
- Test, debate and argue the quality of a joke.
- Persuade customers to purchase your jokes.
- Point out errors and reframe ideas to get a laugh the next time you perform stand-up comedy.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian can create comedy.
- Write funny stand-up comedy routines.
- Create new material that gets better laughs than your old material.
- Compose original screen plays, scripts or comedy.
- Propose, negotiate and manage comedy writing jobs.
- Invent new comedy.
Professional Stand-up Comedy Joke Writing Skills
- Earn a living writing funny, original jokes.
Professional stand-up comedians earn a living writing jokes, scripts, comedy routines and funny promotions and marketing materials to support their comedy shows.
What can the average professional stand-up comedy writer successfully do?
Professional stand-up comedians write outstanding jokes.
How Professional Stand-up Comedian demonstrate joke writing knowledge:
- Recognize high quality joke writing.
- Select the best words and writing style to deliver comedy.
- Retell funny ideas as hysterical stand-up comedy.
- Recognize the difference between a guffaw and a giggle.
- Describe key elements of comedy.
Professional Stand-up Comedians comprehend these writing skills:
- Distinguish between predictable punchlines and surprisingly funny stand-up comedy.
- Give examples of funny scripts, albums, recordings or social media.
- Research and transform ideas into funny jokes.
- Demonstrate the ability to write jokes on a variety of topics.
- Classify your comedy writing skills.
Professional Stand-up Comedians apply these writing concepts:
- Solve complex comedy show scenarios by writing funny jokes and scripts.
- Illustrate funny joke writing for interviews.
- Administer and complete comedy writing jobs.
- Write funny stand-up comedy, sketches and scripts.
- Construct proposals for comedy writing.
Professional Stand-up Comedians use a variety of assessment tools to analyze their skills.
- Discriminate between funny and outstanding comedy.
- Survey comedians, audience, venues and producers for artistic and comedic satisfaction.
- Criticize and evaluate funny comedy writing.
- Question customers for comedy writing job estimates.
- Draw conclusions on the quality of humor.
Professional Stand-up Comedians evaluate these joke writing concepts.
- Find errors and solve problems in comedy writing.
- Advertise comedy writing services.
- Debate and consider comedy.
- Predict and select topics for comedy.
- Justify and defend comedy writing skills.
Professional Stand-up Comedians create comedy.
- Formulate a funny hour of stand-up comedy material.
- Compose new material, scripts.
- Produce a funny, professional Writing Sample.
- Anticipate and innovate funny comedy for new mediums.
- Develop a catalog of quality comedy.
Visit Our Comedy101 Schools
- School of Stand-up Comedy
- School of Funny Joke Writing
- YOUR LOGO HERE School of Intergalactic Fair Trade Stand-up Comedy
Get Started Now!
Save now on your Comedy101 Membership.
Prices shown are per month. One year commitment required.
Do you need specific information about Memberships?
Ask your question now! Use his handy contact form.