Stand-up Comedy for LGBTQ+ Beginners | Webinars | October 2019
Your professional introduction to stand-up comedy for members of the LBGTQ+ community.
Welcome to Stand-up Comedy for Beginners LGBTQ+ Edition! This webinar series is for people with a strong desire to perform stand-up comedy.
- Do you want to be a stand-up comedian?
- Is your notebook full of funny ideas to try on stage?
- Do you know how stand-up comedians get big laughs?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions you will benefit from purchasing access to Stand-up Comedy for Beginners!
Check out this high-quality online course and webinar series!
Monday Nights | 6pm – 7:30 pm
- October 14 | Part 1 | Create a 5-minute Stand-up Comedy Routine
- October 21 | Part 2 | Get Big Laughs with your 5-Minute Act
Created by Chuck Roy
Professional comedian featured in TV and Movies!
About the author
- Chuck is a professional comedian featured on Will & Grace and 3rd Rock from the Sun!
- He’s featured in People Magazine, TV Guide and the Huffington Post!
- Chuck teaches Comedy at the Community College of Denver!
After successfully completing this online course and webinar series, here’s what you’ll be able to do:
- Develop 5-minutes of funny, original stand-up comedy!
- Write more than 25 new jokes for your act!
- You’ll know how to professional comedians build laughs on top of laughs!
- Find out how to evaluate your comedy skills so you can get big laughs!
What will you get from this webinar series?
- Tips on how to write jokes that get big laughs!
- Professional advice on how to get big laughs at stand-up comedy shows.
- Notes on how to find a comedy show that lets new comedians perform!
- Help with converting ideas into joke.
- Build the skills you need to perform a funny, original comedy.
Who should buy this webinar series?
- Professional comedians that want to get big laughs in a 5-minute set.
- People who want to try stand-up comedy.
- Adults interested in learning how to perform stand-up comedy.
Get all this for one low price!
- This is a short, fun, funny online comedy course.
- Get tons of content for an affordable price.
- Hurry! Seating is limited!
- Lectures 55
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 2 Weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes
Learn the basic skills of stand-up comedy. Plus, get tips and secret information about getting big laughs!
- Goals and Activities to get started.
- Keywords professional stand-up comedians use to discuss comedy.
- Watch “How to Write a Joke” and read about comedy set-ups and punchlines.
- 5 Things New Comedians Should Know About Stand-up Comedy
- Exercises: Are these comedians performing original jokes?
- Activity: “What is a big laugh?”
- Activity: Are you getting big laughs?
Before We Meet | How to Write Stand-up Comedy that gets Big Laughs
Demonstrate your ability to create more than 20, funny, new jokes. Plus, develop ideas for stand-up comedy into a set.
- Goals and Activities that help you write jokes that get big laughs.
- Chunks, Bits and other words for material
- Secret techniques that comedians use to get big laughs.
- Activity: Brainstorm Ideas for Comedy Material
- Joke Writing Challenge: Misdirection and ‘The Comedy Reverse’
- Joke Writing Challenge: Voici, la Double Entendre
- Joke Writing Challenge: Punny You Should Say That
- Joke Writing Challenge: Jokes, Jokes, Jokes
- Activity: Organize your jokes into a set
- Exercises: Organizing a Set List
- Create the 1st Draft of Your Set
Activity | 5-Steps for Scheduling Your First Performance
Book your performance.
Prepare | Practice Your Set
Refine your act until it gets big laughs.
- Goals and Activities for Memorizing and Performing your Comedy
- Memorizing your Stand-up Comedy Routine
- Activity: Memorize your set
- Microphone Technique
- Activity: Rehearse your set
- ‘Boom! Shake the Room!’
- Excercise: Are these comedians ready to perform stand-up comedy?
- Activity: Perform your stand-up comedy
- Do you want to record your set?
September 16 | Webinar #1
BONUS MATERIAL! Comedy Show Business Skills for new comedians
Discover how to promote and market your shows and get big laughs!
September 16 | Webinar #2
Practice makes perfectly funny!
Evaluation | Are you getting big laughs?
One of the most fun parts about being a comedian is honing your act.
- Goals and Activities that help you evaluate your performance for big laughs.
- Activity: Evaluate Your Set For High Quality Laughter
- Post your video on YouTube
- Post your video on your Facebook Business page.
- Activity: Share your video on Comedy101onlie Facebook Page
- Exercise: Did these comedians get big laughs?
We're grateful for your efforts!
If you need help, please contact us.