How to Write a Joke
Learn about Set-ups Punchlines and Jokes
Comedy101 How to Write a Joke teaches members basic elements of joke writing, including the set-up and punchline.
- How to write hand crafted, original jokes
- Analyze the quality jokes and resulting laughter
- Develop new, innovative comedy material
- Conduct a review of material for artistic satisfaction and improvement
- Understand the difference between a premise and a joke.
- Build a list of ideas for jokes and stand-up comedy material.
- Observe stand-up comedy and determine the premise, set-up and punchline of jokes.
- Write a joke for your stand-up comedy material.
- Access to the internet.
- Writing tools, such as pen and paper, notebook, smartphone, index cards, typewriter, etc.
Who should take this course?
- Stand-up comedians that want to write funny, original jokes.
- People writing their first stand-up comedy routine.
- Professional comedians that want to join private conversations about jokes.
- Amateur comedians that want to join a a robust conversation about their ideas for comedy routines.
- Comedy writers interested in writing jokes for monologues.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 6
- Assessments Yes