How to Try Stand-up Comedy and Get Big Laughs
Welcome to How to Try Stand-up Comedy and Get Big Laughs!
If you are looking to try stand-up comedy, you’ve found the funniest online course that reveals the secrets to getting big laughs.
Created by Chuck Roy
Professional comedian featured in TV and Movies!
About the author
- Chuck is a professional comedian featured on Will & Grace and 3rd Rock from the Sun!
- He’s featured in People Magazine, TV Guide and the Huffington Post!
- Chuck teaches Comedy at the Community College of Denver!
- Develop 5-minutes of funny, original stand-up comedy!
- Write more than 25 new jokes for your act!
- You’ll know how to professional comedians build laughs on top of laughs!
- Find out how to evaluate your comedy skills so you can get big laughs!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Tips on how to write jokes that get big laughs!
- Professional advice on how to get big laughs at stand-up comedy shows.
- Notes on how to find a comedy show that lets new comedians perform!
- Help with converting ideas into joke.
- Build the skills you need to perform a funny, original comedy.
Who should buy this course?
- Professional comedians that want to get big laughs in a 5-minute set.
- People who want to try stand-up comedy.
- Adults interested in learning how to perform stand-up comedy.
Get all this for one low price!
- This is a short, fun, funny online comedy course.
- Get tons of content for an affordable price.
- Hurry! This low price will not last long!
Sorry, no refunds!
- Lectures 52
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 5 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 153
- Assessments Yes
Part 1 | Getting Started
Learn the basic skills of stand-up comedy. Plus, get tips and secret information about getting big laughs!
- Goals and Activities to get started.
- Keywords professional stand-up comedians use to discuss comedy.
- Watch “How to Write a Joke” and read about comedy set-ups and punchlines.
- 5 Things New Comedians Should Know About Stand-up Comedy
- Exercises: Are these comedians performing original jokes?
- Activity: “What is a big laugh?”
- Activity: Are you getting big laughs?
- What will the audience think of your comedy?
- QUIZ: Do you know how to get big laughs?
Part 2 | How to Write Jokes that Get Big Laughs
Demonstrate your ability to create more than 20, funny, new jokes. Plus, develop ideas for stand-up comedy into a set.
- Goals and Activities that help you write jokes that get big laughs.
- Chunks, Bits and other words for material
- Secret techniques that comedians use to get big laughs.
- Activity: Brainstorm Ideas for Comedy Material
- Joke Writing: Misdirection and ‘The Comedy Reverse’
- Joke Writing: Voici, la Double Entendre
- Joke Writing: Punny You Should Say That
- Joke Writing: Jokes, Jokes, Jokes
- Activity: Organize your jokes into a set
- Exercises: Organizing a Set List
- Create the 1st Draft of Your Set
- QUIZ: Writing Jokes that get Big Laughs
Part 3 | Finding A Place to Perform Stand-up Comedy
Book your performance.
- 5-Steps for Scheduling Your First Performance
- STEP 1 | Gather Information & Details
- STEP 2 | ‘Book’ the date
- STEP 3 | Sign up and perform
- STEP 4 | Thank you!
- STEP 5 | Evaluate
- Exercise: What should these comedians say when they call the comedy club?
- Quiz: What do you know about scheduling a performance?
Part 4 | Rehearsing and Performing Your Set
Refine your act until it gets big laughs.
- Goals and Activities for Memorizing and Performing your Comedy
- Memorizing your Stand-up Comedy Routine
- Activity: Memorize your set
- Microphone Technique
- Activity: Rehearse your set
- ‘Boom! Shake the Room!’
- Excercise: Are these comedians ready to perform stand-up comedy?
- Activity: Perform your stand-up comedy
- Do you want to record your set?
- QUIZ: Most comedians can answer 8 out of 10 of these questions.
Part 5 | Getting Laughs with your Comedy Show Business Skills
Discover how to promote and market your shows and get big laughs!
- Goals and Activities for getting big laughs with your comedy show business.
- Basic Comedy Show Business
- 5-Steps to Getting Big Laughs Promoting Your Comedy Show
- Marketing: Selling Tickets to your Comedy Show
- Excercise: Are these comedians getting big laughs with their promotions and marketing?
- Quiz: What do you know about comedy show business.
Part 6 | Evaluation: Did you get big laughs?
One of the most fun parts about being a comedian is honing your act.
- Goals and Activities that help you evaluate your performance for big laughs.
- Activity: Evaluate Your Set For High Quality Laughter
- Post your video on YouTube
- Post your video on your Facebook Business page.
- Activity: Share your video on Comedy101onlie Facebook Page
- Exercise: Did these comedians get big laughs?
- QUIZ: What does it take to get big laughs?
If you need help, please contact us.
We're grateful for your efforts!