EPK for Stand-up Comedians | Webinar Series (July 2019)
Promote your comedy shows!
- Do you want to promote your comedy shows?
- Would you like to make it a pleasure for comedy show bookers to hire you?
- Is it time to take your comedy show business skills to the next level?
Sign up for EPK for Stand-up Comedians to create an Electronic Press Kit (EPK) that promotes your gigs!
Please, join us for 2 wicked awesome comedy show business webinars!
Wednesday nights, 6pm (MTN)
- July 24 | Part 1 | Start your Funny, Professional EPK
- July 31 | Part 2 | How to Customize your EPK to Promote Gigs
This online course and webinar series is based on real-life Case Studies!
Each case study challenges you to deliver the right PR materials to your client. As you conquer each case study, you’ll build new pieces of your Electronic Press Kit!
Case Study #1 | “Primo Time Comedy”
Submit a Basic PR Toolkit to a comedy show
- Create a basic PR Toolkit
- Collect your publicity photos photo
- Organize your social media links
Case Study #2 | “Chucklehut Comedy Club”
Discover why audiences love you!
- Research 25 reasons why people love your humor
- Add a Short bio to your basic PR Toolkit
Case Study #3 | “BigTime Event Center Comedy Show”
Improve your promotions with stand-up comedy videos
- Take advantage of YouTube, the world’s #2 search engine!
Case Study #4 | “GigSoopers” Website Booking
Gather examples of people who love your comedy
- Learn how to get terrific Testimonials
Case Study #5 | “Comedy Radio Station Outdoor Concert”
This is HUGE! You’ll get insider information from a real booking by a globally recognized comedy radio station. Find out exactly which PR tools they requested!
- Create a PR-1 Sheet
- Complete your professional stand-up comedy Electronic Press Kit (EPK)!
- Examples of real PR Tools from a professional comedian
- Lectures 77
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes
UNIT 1 | Course Overview
Start with a quick review of basic promotional materials. Take a survey. Connect with your instructor.
UNIT 2 | Case Study #1 "Primo Time Comedy"
Help the team at Primo's Pizza solve their publicity problem.
UNIT 3 | Publicity Photos
Comedy show business industry standards suggest that a comedian needs high-quality photos that look great in print.
- Start your collection of publicity photos
- Photography tips every comedian should know
- Problem Solving: What to do if you don’t have publicity photos.
- Getting your photos ready for print and social media
- Label and organize your PR photos
- Activity: Brainstorm a list of 20 PR photo ideas
- Congratulations! Your ready to add photos to your EPK!
UNIT 5 | Case Study #2 "ChuckleHut Comedy Club"
In this case study, you'll identify 25 reasons audiences love your comedy. Then, you'll reflect those reasons in funny, short biographies.
UNIT 6 | Develop 25 Reasons Audiences Love Your Comedy
We're going to find out why you love stand-up comedy. Plus, we'll discover why audiences love your act.
UNIT 7 | Short Bio
Tell us the story of your comedy.
- Do this to make comedy show bookers and promoters very happy with you!
- 3-Steps to writing your comedy show taglines
- Watch this video about advertising taglines
- Watch “How to write a great tagline”
- Watch “How to come up with your business tagline”
- How To Write A Short Professional Bio
- How to Write the PERFECT About Me Page (or Social Media Bio)
- How to submit an effective short bio.
UNIT 8 | Webinar #1 | July 24, 2019 | 6pm MST | Zoom Video Conference App
Here's everything you need to know about our webinars!
UNIT 9 | Case Study #3 "BigTime Event Center Comedy Show"
In this case study, you'll add video and an effective response message to your EPK.
UNIT 10 | Adding Video to your EPK
Video is one of the best tools in a stand-up comedian's PR Toolkit.
- New to YouTube? Start your channel!
- How to Start and Grow your YouTube Channel from 0
- Post your video on YouTube
- How to Properly Tag your YouTube Videos
- Post your video on your Facebook Business page.
- Help! I don’t have enough stand-up comedy videos!
- It’s easy to closed caption your videos!
- Activity: Organize your PR videos
UNIT 11 | Delivering an Effective Response Message
The trick is to ensure your clients open your emails every time.
UNIT 12 | Case Study #4 "GigSoopers"
This case study emulates a booking for a corporate event. The event planner needs your EPK to create an event program.
UNIT 13 | Testimonials
Testimonials tell us why real people love your comedy show.
- Professional Comedy Testimonials
- Create a list of your best media articles, calendar listings, podcast appearances, blog articles and other reviews of your act
- Comedy Show Business Basics about Testimonials
- Audiences Love Testimonials!
- Feature Testimonials in your EPK
- Scenario: Is this a testimonial
- ACTIVITY: Build your collection of Testimonials
UNIT 14 | Managing a request for your EPK
Keep your comedy show business clients happy from start to finish!
UNIT 15 | Case Study #5 "Comedy Radio Station Outdoor Concert"
UNIT 16 | Create a PR 1-Sheet
Add this simple, easy brochure to your Electronic Press Kit
UNIT 17 | Webinar #2 | July 31, 2019 | 6pm MST | Zoom Video Conference App
Get ready for our final webinar!
Congratulations! You have completed EPK for Stand-up Comedians!