Comedy Show Business 101
Promote your Stand-up Comedy Shows with a basic Electronic Press Kit (EPK)!
Great for professional comedians, new comics and their PR team!
This is your opportunity for a WICKED AWESOME Comedy Arts Entrepreneurship Course!
- Are you a professional stand-up comedian that would benefit from improvements to your promotional materials and marketing assets?
- Is your stand-up comedy career off to a great start and now you’re in need of some ideas to promote your act?
- Are you a new comedian with a strong desire to be wicked funny and get booked for more comedy shows?
Then you are strongly encouraged to register for the best, downright-fucking-awesome comedy arts entrepreneurship course that I’ve ever offered!
- Comedy arts entrepreneurship is a fancy way of saying, “Comedy Show Business”.
This online course is designed for the majority of professional stand-up comedians with a strong desire to to improve the tools, assets and strategies that you need to get hired and promote your comedy shows.
- Lectures 37
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 1 hour
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Thank you for joining Comedy Show Business 101!
- How to get the most out of this online course
- Schedule your Private Coaching with Chuck Roy, your instructor
- Download the EPK Checklist
- Show Business Secret! Example of an EPK
- How do you know if your EPK meets industry standards?
- Scenario: Angeline’s Booked at the Big Comedy Club
- Survey | Rate the Quality of your EPK
Case Study #105 "The Case of the Stand-up Comedy Showcase"
Help the team at Primo's Pizza solve their publicity problem.
Comedy show business industry standards suggest that a comedian needs high-quality photos that look great in print.
- Start your collection of publicity photos
- Photography tips every comedian should know
- Problem Sovling: What to do if you don’t have publicity photos.
- Getting your photos ready for print and social media
- Label and organize your PR photos
- Activity: Brainstorm a list of 20 PR photo ideas
- Congratulations! Your ready to add photos to your EPK!
Develop 25 Reasons Audiences Love Your Comedy
We're going to find out why you love stand-up comedy. Plus, we'll discover why audiences love your act.
How to Craft your Short Bio
- Do this to make comedy show bookers and promoters very happy with you!
- 3-Steps to writing your comedy show taglines
- Watch this video about advertising taglines
- Watch “How to write a great tagline”
- Watch “How to come up with your business tagline”
- How To Write A Short Professional Bio
- How to Write the PERFECT About Me Page (or Social Media Bio)
- How to submit an effective short bio.
How to get your free EPK evaluation