- In this part of Introduction to Virtual Event Production, you will learn the basics of STEP 4 | Post-production.
Did you finish your virtual event? It’s time to say, “Thank you”.
In this blog series, we’ve been exploring how to to produce your own virtual event using the 5-Steps of Virtual Event Production.
In this article, we’re looking at Step 4 | Post-Production.
- Post-production is the phase after your event through completion.
Watch this Video Lecture
It’s Time to say thank you!
Now that you’ve completed your virtual event, it’s important to show gratitude. Spend a moment after your events offering a sincere ‘Thank you’ to your attendees.
- Thank the audience, crew and others.
- Follow up with thank you notes
- Post photos on social media
Close the Zoom Meeting
- You can keep your Zoom meeting open for a Q&A, meet-n-greet, grip-n-grin, or merchandise sales.
- Close the meeting
- Save the recording.
- End the Live Stream
Update your YouTube Live Stream
- Update the YouTube details
- Add to a Playlist
- Share on Social media
Close the Box Office
- Complete a box office report (see below).
- Pay bills, settle finances.
Complete your post-production tasks
- Finish organizing the YouTube and Zoom meeting
- Share the box office report with stakeholders
- Prepare a draft of marketing metrics reports
Now that you’ve read about the basics of Virtual Event Post-Production, check out the case study and activities below.
You have finished this section!
- First, you completed Step 1 by gathering information into a General Information Sheet.
- Now, you’ve completed Step 2 and learned how to schedule a Zoom meeting, set-up an Evenbrite Ticket, outline and script your event, prepare a presentation, invite an audience, budget and set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for success.
- Then, you learned about the basic Zoom Meeting roles of Host and Co-Host in Step 3 | Production.
- Now, you’ve said ‘thank you’ to your team and completed a budget for Step 4 | Post-Production.
- Next, you’ll complete your virtual event with Step 5 | Evaluation.
Suggested Order for the Series
START HERE: Introduction to Virtual Events (2020)
- STEP 1 | Getting Started with your Virtual Event
- STEP 2 | Virtually Effective Pre-Production
- STEP 3 | Producing a Successful Virtual Event
- STEP 4 | What to do after you successfully produce your virtual event
- STEP 5 | How to know if your virtual event was a complete success
Final Project: Virtual Pub Theatre Battles (October 2020)
Laugh, like, share.
Please share this article with your friends in the virtual event community.