This article is part of a a series: From Open Mics to Paid Gigs.
If you’re asking, “What do you need to get booked for paid gigs?”, this article is for you! My name is Chuck Roy, professional comedian. I wrote this series of articles to help new comedians understand how some people move from open mics to paid gigs.
- Start preparing enough comedy, jokes and material for the gig.
- Also, the objective of this section is to start getting your Smartphone and Cloud organized for comedy show business.
- Make room for a very basic Media Kit
First, you need to be funny.
- Professional stand-up comedians deliver uproarious amounts of laughter to the audience.
Seriously, what do you need to get booked for paid gigs?
One of the first reasons that I book a stand-up comedian is because they are uniquely funny. To hire you to perform on a comedy show means that I believe your set will make the audience laugh enough.
- There can’t be any mistakes during your stage time.
What I need from an opening act is to establish the art of stand-up comedy.
- Be funny.
- Be original.
- Deliver outstanding stage time.
Once you’ve got the act, there’s a bit of business involved in booking a comedy gig.
If you’re booking gigs for a few bucks, it’s a good time to start being fun and funny about your comedy show business.
Congratulations! You completed this section!
Now that you’ve conquered this first challenge. you can successfully complete the rest of this series.
START HERE: From Open Mics to Paid Gigs (Series)
- Moving from Open Mics to Paid Gigs
- How some open mic comedians get booked for paid gigs
- What do you need to get booked for paid gigs?
- One secret to getting booked for your first stand-up comedy show
Scenario | Local Comedy Showcase
- Differences between open mics and paid gigs
- Developing enough material for gigs
- Comedy Writing Challenge
- Show Business Challenge
Laugh, like, share.
Please share this article with comedians in your neighborhood comedy scene.