This article is part of a a series:From Open Mics to Paid Gigs.
- Create a funny, original Media Kit to promote your stand-up comedy shows.
A Media Kit helps people advertise your gig.
If you’re a new stand-up comedian that wants to move up from open mics to paid gigs, this Show Business Challenge is for you! The challenge is to organize your smartphone and cloud with all the assets comedy show producers need to promote your gigs.
- A media kit includes photos, social media links, videos, and a short description of your act.
To successfully complete a media kit, you need to provide a photo for posters and fliers. Plus, you need to be able to describe your act so that potential customers can decide if they want to watch your stand-up comedy.
Here’s a quick recap of how to customize your media kit for this Show Business Challenge.
- In this final challenge, you’ll be creating a funny Facebook post to promote your appearance at the Local Comedy Showcase.
- Your post will include a signature with the details and links for the show. Typically, this signature is added to the end of your post.
- To get the most out of this online course, use the example below to create Facebook Signatures for your upcoming gigs.
- Add each signature to the notes section of your smartphone calendar appointment for the gig so you can copy/paste and post quickly.
Congratulations! You have completed this online course!!!
Woo! Hoo! You did it! After successfully completing From Open Mics to Paid Gigs, you have developed a 10-minute set of funny, original stand-up comedy. Plus, you created a humorous Media Kit that explains your act to potential customers.
START HERE: From Open Mics to Paid Gigs (Series)
- Moving from Open Mics to Paid Gigs
- How some open mic comedians get booked for paid gigs
- What do you need to get booked for paid gigs?
- One secret to getting booked for your first stand-up comedy show
Scenario | Local Comedy Showcase
- Differences between open mics and paid gigs
- Developing enough material for gigs
- Comedy Writing Challenge
- Show Business Challenge
Laugh, like, share.
Please share this article with comedians in your neighborhood comedy scene.