- After successfully completing Media Kit for Stand-up Comedians (2020), you will be able to create and update the basic tools professionals need to promote your act and book gigs.
Promote your comedy shows!
If you’re a professional stand-up comedian, you may benefit from creating and updating a Media Kit full of funny promotions and marketing assets.
- A media kit includes publicity photos, videos, social media links and contact information.
Why do you need a media kit?
- Comedians use a media kit to organize the various assets comedy show promoters need to sell tickets and draw an audience.
- Use this free online course to organize your media kit.
- Start with the Comedy101 Learning Objective “Create a Media Kit”. (Scroll down for the blue box.) Use the tips and tools to begin organizing your smartphone and cloud with all the components you need to send a media kit.
- Each article in this blog series includes Comedy Writing Challenges (look for the green box) that help you write funny jokes and humorous content for your website, social media, and promotional materials.
- Try the Show Business Challenges (look for the black box) to test your ability in realistic scenarios based on real comedy shows! Professional comedians should adapt the business challenges for their upcoming gigs. New comedians can read the case studies, tips, and advice to build a funny, effective media kit.
You finished this section!
- After reading the tips, watching the videos, and trying the activities, you’ve got a basic understanding of how to create and update your media kit.
- If you’re ready to create a funny, original media kit then stay tuned to this series of articles.
Suggested order for this free, self-guided online course.
START HERE: Media Kit for Stand-up Comedians (2020)
Case Study #1 | Primo Time Comedy Show
- Publicity Photos for Stand-up Comedian
- Organize your contact information and social media links
Case Study #2 | Chucklehut Comedy Club
- Develop 25 audiences for your comedy shows
- Write funny short bios
Case Study #3 | BigTime Event Center
- Adding a funny YouTube video to your Media Kit
- How to send your Media Kit
Case Study #4 | GigSoopers
- Converting comments into testimonials
Case Study #5 | Comedy Radio
- Creating a PR 1-Sheet
Final Exam | Evaluating your Media Kit
Please share this article with comedians in your neighborhood comedy scene.