Competencies for Professional Stand-up Comedy Show Business Skills
Professional stand-up comedians able to charge a fee for performing stand-up comedy. Hopefully, they can earn a living delivering funny, original comedy shows. In this article, we’ll discuss the skills we develop at the Comedy101 Your Logo Here School of Intergalactic Fair Trade Stand-up Comedy Show Business.
Professional Stand-up Comedians demonstrate Comedy Show Business knowledge:
- Locate gigs.
- Provide a quote for comedy shows or services.
- Deliver quality comedy shows that meet artistic, audience, venue and producer expectations.
- Match material, promotions and marketing to create artistic, audience, venue and producer satisfaction.
- Artistically reproduce promotions and marketing support materials.
Professional Stand-up Comedians comprehend Comedy Show Business skills:
- Explain how and why to purchase tickets to comedy shows.
- Write jokes that get laughs in podcast and radio interviews.
- Judge gigs for appropriate art, audience and comedy.
- Give examples of your comedy with audio, video and social media.
- Distinguish your artistic catalog with quality art, humor and fair show business practices.
Professional Stand-up Comedians apply Comedy Show Business concepts:
- Solve complex problems and gain agreement in show business contracts.
- Construct comedy show proposals that fairly deliver artistic, audience, venue and producer satisfaction.
- Chart and report progress with workday, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly business operations.
- Experiment with promotions and marketing solutions.
- Administer show business, marketing and promotions plans.
Professional Stand-up Comedians use a variety of assessment tools to analyze their skills.
- Distinguish your catalog of comedy for artistic, audience, venue and producer satisfaction.
- Appraise and point out the competitive advantages of your comedy show business.
- Survey your audience, venues, producers and self-assess for artistic and comedic satisfaction.
- Analyze changes and fix errors in your art, comedy and show business practices.
- Estimate and deduce future trends in comedy show business.
Professional Stand-up Comedians can evaluate Comedy Show Business concepts.
- Order and appraise comedy show materials, merchandise, promotions or marketing supplies.
- Measure and report on profits/losses for taxes and retirement savings.
- Judge and discriminate artistic and comedic originality.
- Find errors and reframe solutions to comedy show business problems.
- Provide materials that support and convince audiences, venue and producers to experience your comedy show.
Professional Stand-up Comedians complete comedy show business operations.
- Facilitate a quality audience experience for stand-up comedy.
- Negotiate fair prices for comedy shows.
- Develop a manage a business plan that delivers a funny catalog of comedy.
- Speculate and propose comedy shows.
- Anticipate and support comedy show promotions and marketing.
If you’re ready to improve your comedy show business skills, please sign up for a Comedy101 Membership.