Yes, you can! Sign up for Comedy101 training for stand-up comedians.
Amateur stand-up comedians perform original jokes on at least one comedy show per year. Amateur comics write material, act and perform on shows. To help you learn these skills, we’ve developed the Comedy101 School of Stand-up Comedy.
What can the average Amateur Stand-up Comedian successfully do?
Amateur stand-up comedians are successfully able to get laughs from audience. Amateur comics write funny jokes. Amateur stand-up comedians organize material, predict topics and improvise comedic solutions to funny ideas. Amateur comics act in comedic roles and play a variety of parts on stage including opening act, emcee, guest performer, support act, closing performance or headliner.
Here’s how Amateur Stand-up Comedian demonstrate knowledge:
- Define the key roles of stand-up comedians in the Entertainment industry.
- Memorize stand-up comedy material, scripts or plays.
- Organize a list of jokes to create a funny stand-up comedy routine.
- Reproduce comedy routines on a variety of comedy shows.
- Recognize the audience reaction to jokes.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian comprehend these basic comedy skills:
- Explain your act to others. (i.e. podcast interviews)
- Schedule and book gigs, open mics.
- Demonstrate your skills with a funny video, audio or photo of your performances.
- Express comedic ideas live on stage.
- Discuss comedy writing, performing and show business with comedians.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian demonstrate knowledge of these basic comedy concepts:
- Write funny, original stand-up comedy.
- Predict funny material for audiences.
- Establish a rapport with the audience.
- Produce video, audio and photos of your comedy show performances.
- Get on stage, perform comedy at least once a year.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian use a variety of assessment tools to analyze their skills.
- Classify your comedy to advertise shows or book gigs.
- Prioritize jokes and topics for laughter.
- Survey audiences for response.
- Break down a set into what worked or needs improvement.
- Devise original comedy solutions to ideas.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian can evaluate these basic comedy concepts.
- Discriminate the right material for an audience.
- Organize a set list.
- Assess quality of material, audience, venue and performances.
- Experiment, find errors, create solutions.
- Defend comedic principles and art.
Amateur Stand-up Comedian can create comedy.
- Write and perform original stand-up comedy routines.
- Book gigs.
- Write funny jokes on new topics.
- Promote comedy shows and performances.
- Assemble appropriate material for comedy shows.
To learn more about our workshops and online courses visit the Comedy101 School of Stand-up Comedy.